WHAT IS NORDSKEN?
Nordsken is a celebration to peoples fantasy and ingenuity with focus on game, culture and creativity. It’s a including party where we make individuals wildest fantasies come true.
In the northern countries, Nordsken is unique in it’s own kind. No one else combines different types of culture in the way that Nordsken does. In the north of Sweden, Nordsken is the only big meeting place for this kind of culture. In 2018, Nordsken had 8 600 unique visitors which makes us the biggest gaming event in northern Scandinavia.
The first edition of Nordsken was arranged in the spring of 2012, the place at the time was Scandic Hotel in Skellefteå. At the beginning it was a relatively small event but the ambition has always been big. We have continuously been evolving the event to achieve a size where Nordsken has been a place where even renowned international performers sees it as an important place to visit. During the years where Nordsken has evolved, we also had to look over the premises and as a result of that we have now moved to the Skellefteå Kraft Arena. Here we use indoor areas corresponds to nearly 10 000 square meters. A part from that, we also use outdoor areas.
We want everyone to fell welcome at Nordsken! It’s a nice atmosphere between everyone and we are working hard to maintain it. We assume the Code of Conduct from The Swedish Gaming Federation (Sverok) for our ruling in E-Sport, cosplay and live role-playing. We work hard for the rules to be maintained with the help of education of everyone that work during Nordsken. Nordsken also work actively with inclusion, this work includes, among other things, targeted measures to make women as well as ethnic and other minorities feel safe and welcomed as well as working with organizations that work with peoples that has different types of functional variations.
We recommend you to read our rules if you want to know more about how you should behave at Nordsken to make everyone feel comfortable.
WHAT CAN YOU DO AT NORDSKEN?
Nordsken is divided over five main areas:
- Expo. In our expo hall there is 2000 square meters of exhibitors. Amongst the different stands, you’ll find exciting exhibitors from all over Europe.
We always try to find more exhibitors that not only sell products but also activates/engages our visitors. In this hall you’ll also find our main stage where our most exciting competitions and lectures are displayed.
- The Creative Hall. Our creative hall has almost 200 square meters of LEGO, a school for comic book design, makerspace, out big nerd art exhibition with both amateurs and international known artists, our creative stage where you can listen to interesting conversations between creative persons and a number of exhibitors that attracts to different types of creating. Here you’ll also find an area for breastfeeding, a place to park strollers and a play area for the smallest kids.
- The E-sport Hall. In the e-sport halls there are 700 computer seats and a large area for TV games. Here we have big e-sport tournaments during all days with finals on our big e-sport stage. You don’t need to be an e-sports competitor to have a computer seat. The e-sports halls are open for everyone that wants to enjoy the LAN feeling, hurry up and book your seat today.
- The Arcade Hall. Our arcade hall has about 40 flippers and arcade machines. Everyone that pays entrance to Nordsken kan play without any extra costs on all our machines and we also offer tournaments in flipper.
- The Adventure Hall. The adventure hall is filled to the brim with cosplay, LARP, reenactment, board games, card game, figure game and role playing. We arrange both tournaments and lends out games where professionals explains the rules.
WHO ARRANGES NORDSKEN?
Nordsken is arranged by the nonprofit SVEROK association Nordskens vänner (Friends of Nordsken). Nordsken works as a platform where other association, individuals and companies can show up and add content. This means that we are constantly changing.